Founded in 1990, Victoria Avenue Forever (VAF) is a public benefit, nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation dedicated to the preservation and beautification of historic Victoria Avenue in Riverside, California. We raise funds for planting trees and other ornamentals, organize workdays devoted to tree-planting, tree care, pocket park creation and maintenance, and educate the public about the history and value of the plantings on Victoria Avenue through newsletters, brochures, educational panels in kiosks, and special events.
VAF in Pictures
For more pictures and info link to our Facebook page
Over the years VAF has
- Planted over 1400 trees and thousands of roses on the median and parkways of Victoria Avenue,
- Established three pocket parks, which are: 1) the Dr. Lewis water-wise Garden at Jane St, 2) the Lorraine Small Commemorative Rose Garden at Ivy, and 3) the Hal Snyder Garden at Harrison St.,
- Raised the funds needed to install the historic street signs along the entire Avenue,
- Supported installation of three informational kiosks (at Ivy, Jane and La Sierra),
- Planned and landscaped a median extension of Victoria Avenue from Boundary to La Sierra Avenue created by the City of Riverside in 2006,
- Dedicated the Rosanna Scott Memorial Bike trail,
- Funded the installation of a number of commemorative plaques on the Avenue,
- Provided suggestions to Parks and Recreation for the plant species used in the Dammers Butterfly Garden at Mary St,
- and Interacted with the City involving all aspects of Victoria Avenue preservation, including care of existing plants, weed and pest control, irrigation techniques, and policy for development and traffic control.